Our Transfer Cables and Bravura Easy Computer Sync software are designed for use with two monitors (one monitor, mouse and keyboard for each computer which is the most convenient) but, we realize this isn't always possible.
You can set up the transfer with one monitor, but you will need to either physically unplug and plug in each monitor, or switch over to a different input if your monitor supports this. Here's a basic summary of the steps you'll need to take to setup and perform transfers:
- Plug the Transfer Cable in between both computers
- Connect one computer to the monitor, start the Easy Computer Sync software, and get the software to the point where it is, "Waiting for Connection"
- Unplug the current computer from the monitor, and plug the other one in. (Or, switch inputs over if your monitor supports it)
- Start the software on the other computer, and complete the connection
- Once the connection is made between the computers you can control the transfer process from one computer
We hope this was helpful. Feel free to reach out to us directly at: Support@plugable.com, if you have any further questions or concerns.