In recent versions of of iTunes, Apple has made changes that can cause disconnects in Windows 7. This fix usually solves the problem.
- Open Explorer
- Explorer can be opened by clicking the folder icon pinned at the bottom of the desktop near the Start button, or by opening any folder
- Navigate to
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\
- Right-click on
BtITunesPlugin.exeand select 'Rename'
- Change the name to
- Restart your computer
- Make sure your Bluetooth headphones, headset, or speaker is connected, then test it by playing a YouTube video through your web browser
- If it doesn’t play, right-click the speaker icon, select 'Playback', then on the Playback tab of the Sound window, make sure the audio device is listed. If it is, right-click the icon and make sure it is selected as the default device.
- If the audio device plays, open iTunes. If you see the error message again, please contact us at email@example.com. Otherwise select a long playlist and play it. You can play several playlists one after another.
- If audio plays, let iTunes play for a while and check periodically to see if the Bluetooth audio is still working