You've transferred over our documents, pictures, videos, and other data files from your old computer to your new computer, but, your bookmarks/favorites didn't transfer over from Edge, or another browser.
We do need to make it clear that the Easy Computer Sync software can't directly access files from other programs. But we can get access to these important items and transfer them over!
You'll need to export your favorites from your Edge Browser into HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) files first, and then you can transfer them over to your new computer.
Exporting your Bookmarks and Favorites:
- With your Edge browser open, click the ellipsis (three dots) in the top right side of the browser which will open the browser options. Then, click on "Favorites"
- Now, we can see the favorites we have, and would like to export so we can transfer them over. Click the ellipsis in the Favorites Window which will give us the option to export
- Click on, "Export Favorites", which will get your favorites ready to export.
- Finally, choose the folder where you want to export the favorites. The file name will default to a Month/Date/Year format, so feel free to rename the HTML file to something else, and then click, "Save".
You've now exported your bookmarks and favorites to your computer, and can transfer them over to be imported on your new computer!
Click Here, to see our video of step-by-step instructions for setup and operation of our transfer cables if you need.
Importing your Bookmarks and Favorites
Importing your bookmarks and favorites is really easy to do as well. Let's go over to the new computer now, and get started! We're going to start out the same way we did to export the favorites:
- With your browser open, click the ellipsis in the top right side of the browser which will open browser options. Then, click on, "Favorites"
- Next, click on, "Import Favorites"
- Then, you'll get a drop-down menu, and you'll be able to choose where you want to import the data from. Select "Favorites or bookmarks HTML file", from the drop down menu, and then click "Choose File", which will open up a File Explorer window.
- Now, you'll be able to choose the favorites file we exported, and transferred over. Select the file in the folder, and click, "Open".
- Once the bookmarks are imported, we should get this message saying that it's, "All done!".
- Ok, we've imported our favorites into our new computer. But, let's check and make sure everything is there.
- Great! All the favorites we've imported are there, and now we can pick up where we left off with the old computer.
I use a different browser, what do I do?
The process for exporting and importing bookmarks should be relatively similar, if not the same across all browsers. Here are links to steps for some of the other major browsers to get you started:
We hope this was helpful! Feel free to reach out to us directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.