Hard Drive Updates:
- Check for and update external hard drive firmware if available.
- For Intel based Macs, perform an SMC and PRAM/NVRAM reset SMC.:
- Perform an SMC reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295
- Perform an NVRAM/PRAM reset: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063
- Disable Power Nap on Mac (in power settings, disable for when connected to AC power and battery if the customer uses the hub while also on battery power).
- If possible, test the USB hub and hard drives with a Windows PC to see if the issue persists there as well.
If this issue persists, if possible we have a tool that automates collecting a set of log files from your system. You can download the PlugDebug tool and learn how to use it by clicking on this link:
Ensure that you have the USB Hub connected to the computer when the PlugDebug application is run. Then send us a copy of the log files to Support@Plugable.com